Monday, March 18, 2013

Meet Raylynne Perez - Promotions Assistant/ Screening Host & Social Media Editor for the Houston Film Fanatics for Clear Channel Radio

Photo Credit: Raylynne Perez (Raylynne with Evan's Blue)
Raylynne and I go way, way, way back, all the way back to our high school days at Clear Lake High School. Another Y2Ker...LOL! Raylynne was and still is one of my closest friends today. We had our click, which consisted of Raylynne, Claire (Baby Spice was her nickname back then), Amanda and myself. We always had good times when we were all together. We all did the senior musical together (Carousel) and our prom consisted of us and our dates. I won't bore you with the pictures. Fun, fun times is all I can! Raylynne has one of the coolest jobs. She is the Promotions Assistant/ Screening Host & Social Media Editor for the Houston Film Fanatics for Clear Channel Radio. Prior to her promotion, she worked promotions for 94.5 The Buzz. If you are or have been a Houstinion, you know that that is our alternative and rock station, and MY favorite radio station. No wonder Raylynne and I got along so well. Read about Raylynne below!



Photo Credit: Raylynne Perez (Raylynne with
Wes of Puddle of Mudd)


1. Name: Raylynne Perez

2. City and State: Spring, TX

3. What is your educational background? (Include colleges/universities and degrees attained)
Bachelor Degree in Applied Design Visual Arts from UHCL 
Associate Degree in Commerical Art from San Jac
4. What types of courses does your degree require? (If no degree, put "N/A" or list certificates) Web design, Advertising Design, lots of photoshop a nddigital imaging courses and plenty of English writing courses.

5. What were the most challenging classes you took and how did you overcome those challenges? (If no degree, put "N/A" or list certificate classes taken) The most challenging classes were things like the computer animated design, because you were always doing group projects, so it was a lot of learning how to use everyone's strengths to their fullest extent and get the most from your projects by the deadlines.

6. Did you complete any internships/co-ops during school? If so, where did you intern or co-op? (If you didn’t complete any, put “NA”)
N/A

7. What company do you currently work for?
Clear Channel Radio

8. What is your job title?
Promotions Assistant/ Screening Host & Social Media Editor for the Houston Film Fanatics (HFF)

9. What are your day to day tasks?
Setting up contests, talking with listeners, working movie screenings, managing the Facebook page for HFF, as well as, handling the prize giveaways on the regular clear channel websites (Sunny, Buzz, arrow, etc) for HFF, plus about a hundred other things that could come up at the drop of a hat.

10. Do you work independently or in a team environment? Which do you prefer?
I work mostly independently, which I prefer, since I am kind of picky as to how I like things done.



Photo Credit: Raylynne Perez (Raylynne with a
co-worker and Adam Gontier of
3 Days Grace)

11. What type of skill sets are needed for this job?
You have to be organized and punctual. When you have clients paying thousands of dollars for your time, you need to be there when they ask you to and have everything ready to go. You need to be good an multi-tasking, thinking on your feet and public speaking. At any given screening, I am speaking to crowds of 200-500 people so you need to be comfortable with that and confident, because it shows.

12. Did you have a mentor? If so, what was the most important lesson he/she taught you?
My former boss was sort of a mentor for me. He showed me the best way to get my job done and since I learned that, I haven't looked back. I have adjusted and changed a few things over the years to improve my performance and make the most of my work.

13. What do you believe to be your greatest strength?
I am hard working and confident.

14. What do you believe to be your greatest weakness?
I can be very picky when I work about how things should be done, which I have a hard time turning off when it comes to having to let others handle certain things for me.

15. What are some of your accomplishments? What accomplishment are you the most proud of? HFF right now is my biggest accomplishment. I have always been passionate about movies, and now I have finally gotten the opportunity to create something that is all about promoting movies. It has given me the chance to interview actors, meet tons of great people and attend events I used to dream about. It is still growing, but everyday is better than the last. I created and built that following, so I am very proud of it. Three of us started HFF and now there are just two of us left, and even with losing that one person we are still growing and expanding more and more everyday.

16. What are your hobbies? What do you do for fun?
Work, go to the movies, travel as much as I can, read, hang out with my family and play video games. (Yes I am a total game nerd).

17. What did you want to be when you were a child?
A casting director or a movie promoter.

18. If you could switch professions with someone else for a day, what would it be and why?
I would like to switch places with a director for a day. I have done extra work and seeing films from the other side is so amazing to me. It would be fun to be the person who gets to create these amazing shows.

19. What advice would you give girls wanting to go into your field?
Don't be afraid to start at the bottom. Things like working in the media are almost more about being in the right place at the right time than having a big degree. If that is what you want, do whatever you have to to get your foot in the door. Not saying that you shouldn't go to college, because you should; however, try to find a way to juggle both. Don't be afraid to speak up for what you want.


Photo Credit: Raylynne Perez (Raylynne with
Dinesh D'Souza - Writer and Director of
2016: Obama's America

No comments:

Post a Comment