Monday, April 8, 2013

Upcoming Events

Hi to all the G's out there!

(Order your copy at www.griffingirlspublishing.com )
I am so ready for Thursday to get here, because I have a few upcoming events that I am super excited about. I'm ready to get the word out there about my book and take it to the next level. If you are just tuning into the blog and didn't already know, last year I self published my first children's book, When I Grow Up: A Little Girl's Big Boy Dreams. The book serves as a motivational push for little girls to pursue male dominated fields, as well as showing boys, from an early age on, that girls are their equals and that girls can accomplish the same things as boys. The book offers a rhyming couplet of the job titles, a brief description of what each job entails and illustrations of women of all colors, shapes and size doing those jobs deemed male dominated. The book is told from a little girl’s first person perspective, in which she has supportive parents who encourage her to dream big and consider doing any job she wants to, not those just typically geared for females.

Events:
April 11, 2013 - I record my interview for The Children Authors Show, which will then be professional edited.

April 12, 2013 - I get to do an author visit at my oldest daughter's elementary school. I was very excited to hear my name mentioned in the automated school wide message this past Sunday, see my name in the school weekly call out on Sunday and see my name on the Principal's page on the school website. This event is the one I am most excited about. Ahhhh, see below!


Photo (Email) Credit: Ward Elementary in Houston, TX


April 13, 2013 - I will be doing a book event at Bouncin' Bears Texas. I hope the owner lets me jump while I'm there! (Then, I get to go back on April 16th and do it all again.)

As always, thanks for stopping by! Please share and/or subscribe.

~Sharon~


No comments:

Post a Comment